Central Coast Ocean Adventures aims to make recreational and educational opportunities along the California coast and in the Santa Barbara Channel more accessible to everyone in our community. Check back here to see the latest adventures available to the general public.
Come aboard for a 3-hour adventure sail in the beautiful Santa Barbara Channel. Feel the wind on your face and the spray of the sea, and keep a weather eye on the horizon. Spot the Channel’s amazing wildlife, including a plethora of sea birds and pinnipeds and maybe even some whales and dolphins!
Boarding will begin 30 minutes prior to start time.
Ticket A (ages 13+): $100
Ticket B (ages 5-12): $50
Please be advised that children under 5 years of age are not permitted onboard during underway events for safety reasons.
All proceeds go towards our educational programming, so we can provide amazing at-sea education at subsidized or no-cost to the youth in our community.
Next Public Day Sail:
Public Day Sail – March 17, 2024
Prior to coming aboard for an underway adventure, please read the following information:
- It is important that guests bring layers of clothing. Weather is often variable and can easily go from being quite warm to quite cold over the course of a sail. Guests should bring a jacket and a hat with a brim.
- Scarves and gloves, however, can be hazardous and should be left at home.
- Appropriate footwear is also incredibly important. All guests should wear flat-soled closed-toed shoes such as tennis or walking shoes. Shoes with high heels, even boots, are dangerous and are not permitted on board.
Motion Sickness Prevention
- Please avoid eating or drinking anything acidic the morning prior to the trip; this includes coffee, orange juice, or other forms of citrus.
- Hot Cheetos (and other similar spicy products) are banned from the ship for the same reason. Please do not consume them before the trip or pack them as a snack.
- Anti-nausea medication: CCOA staff are unable to administer any medications. If a guest knows they are susceptible to motion sickness, or if they are worried about seasickness, it is recommended that they take a NON-DROWSY seasick medication of their choice (Bonine or Dramamine can be purchased over-the-counter). It is highly recommended they take the first dose the night before. The participant may bring the second dose with them to take while on board, but the responsibility of administration will fall on the guest. Wristbands that prevent motion sickness (such as SeaBands) can also be effective without having to ingest any medication. Ginger chews are a holistic anti-nausea preventative that is recommended.
Things to Bring
Any Epi-pen, inhaler, or other medications that guests might need should be brought. The responsibility to administer such medications remains with the guest or parent/guardian.
A water bottle
- Snacks, if desired
- Sunscreen- cream or stick only. Be advised; aerosolized or other sunscreen sprays present a hazard and are not permitted on board.
For cancellations by customers 24 hours or more before the date of the day sail, CCOA will make every effort to reschedule within 365 days of original day sail date, or full refund.
Cancellations by customers less than 24 hours before the date of the day sail will result in a credit toward another day sail within 365 days of original day sail date.
Due to US Coast Guard regulations, CCOA may be required to cancel due to weather or sea state conditions at any time, with every effort to reschedule or will refund in full.
Welcome aboard the tall ship Mystic Whaler!
She’s a 110 ft gaff-rigged schooner and ready to explore! Are you curious about what makes Mystic Whaler so cool? What about what those fuzzy things up in the rigging are? Want a closer look at how the ship operates?
Free and open to the public of all ages, Deck Tours are the perfect opportunity! Walk around the ship and, ask the crew questions, find out more about our mission to provide at-sea education, the ship’s history, and more!
Please check the calendar for our schedule. No reservations are necessary!
Next Public Deck Tour:
Join us for special fundraising events!
The harbor is a hub of activity with exciting events happening all year round! For instance, July is marked by a dazzling fireworks display to commemorate Independence Day while December is celebrated with a Holiday Boat Parade to usher in the winter season. On Mystic Whaler, we offer you the best vantage point to witness these spectacular moments and we would love to have you join us during our fundraising “Viewing Parties.” These special events cater to all age groups and come replete with hors d’oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and more! By purchasing tickets, you not only get to enjoy a fun-filled family activity, but you also support our education programs.
Please check the calendar for our next special event!