Donate to Central Coast Ocean Adventures Foundation
Change Lives Through Adventure-Inspired Learning
Thank you for your purchase!
Your contribution will help support our commitment to provide subsidized or no-cost extraordinary at-sea education programs to the youth of our community. Please check your email for confirmation and other important information to know prior to your adventure aboard Mystic Whaler.
Prepare for your Mystic Whaler Adventure!
Prior to sailing with us, please review the following information:
- It is important that guests bring layers of clothing. Weather is often variable and can easily go from being quite warm to quite cold over the course of a sail. Guests should bring a jacket and a hat with a brim.
- Scarves and gloves, however, can be hazardous and should be left at home.
- Appropriate footwear is also incredibly important. All guests should wear flat-soled closed-toed shoes such as tennis or walking shoes. Shoes with high heels, even boots, are dangerous and are not permitted on board.
Motion Sickness Prevention
- Please avoid eating or drinking anything acidic the morning prior to the trip; this includes coffee, orange juice, or other forms of citrus.
- Hot Cheetos (and other similar spicy products) are banned from the ship for the same reason. Please do not consume them before the trip or pack them as a snack.
- Anti-nausea medication: CCOA staff are unable to administer any medications. If a guest knows they are susceptible to motion sickness, or if they are worried about seasickness, it is recommended that they take a NON-DROWSY seasick medication of their choice (Bonine or Dramamine can be purchased over-the-counter). It is highly recommended they take the first dose the night before. The participant may bring the second dose with them to take while on board, but the responsibility of administration will fall on the guest. Wristbands that prevent motion sickness (such as SeaBands) can also be effective without having to ingest any medication. Ginger chews are a holistic anti-nausea preventative that is recommended.
Things to Bring
- Any Epi-pen, inhaler, or other medications that guests might need should be brought. The responsibility to administer such medications remains with the guest or parent/guardian.
- A water bottle
- Lunch will not be provided, but please feel free to bring your own to enjoy! Please do not bring any alcohol, glass, or any other breakable materials onboard.
- Sunscreen- cream or stick only. Be advised; aerosolized or other sunscreen sprays present a hazard and are not permitted on board.
- For cancellations by customers 24 hours or more before the date of the day sail, CCOA will make every effort to reschedule within 365 days of original day sail date, or full refund.
- Cancellations by customers less than 24 hours before the date of the day sail will result in a credit toward another day sail within 365 days of original day sail date.
- CCOA reserves the right to cancel due to weather or unforeseen circumstance up to 24 hours before date of day sail, with every effort to reschedule or will refund in full.
Be the Change
With your generous donation, together, we can change a life to better communicate with others, comprehend school academics, care for the environment, and believe in one’s self.
Please consider donating today to provide CCOA’s adventure-inspired learning to those who may otherwise not have access to these transformative opportunities.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Public Dock, 3900 Bluefin Circle
Behind the CI Maritime Museum
Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard, CA 93035